Important Tips for Safe Ramadan 2018
Qatar, May 21, 2018: Our Safety in Ramadan
Achieving general safety during the holy month of Ramadan is one of the very important matter, weather it is in the home, or workplace or markets or on the road etc.,
Ensuring the availability of a functioning fire extinguisher in the houses and workplaces, perfect knowledge on best mode of its usage, good electrical connections, safe connection of the gas inside the kitchen, not leaving the cooking pans on the stove for a long period without surveillance, switching off the stove immediately after cooking, switching on the exhaust fan, monitoring the children in the kitchen and the alertness while cooking are some of the safety measures that should be taken by us for ensuring the general safety.
The drivers in general are requested to strictly follow all traffic rules and regulations, especially to not overspeed the vehicle before the Iftar time, to not park the vehicles wrongly in front of Masjids during the night prayer, to not occupy the parking of special needs, to give way for the emergency vehicles and to guarantee the provision of the rights of pedestrians. In addition to this, we would like to request the heavy drivers to follow the no entry timings to the entry prohibited areas.
Traffic Safety in Ramadan
- Don’t rush to reach the Iftar place
- It is preferred to start early before the Iftar time as the period before Iftar has been noticed as the most vulnerable time for traffic accidents during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Safety of Children
- Be alert to avoid the playing of children on the internal roads in the residential areas, especially during the night time, in order to keep them away from road accidents. Please allow them to play only at designated areas for playing.
- Wrong Parking :
- Please avoid wrong parking of vehicles, obstructing the traffic movement on the road, especially during the night prayer timings like Taraweeh or mid night prayers or Iftar gatherings.
- Collision Accidents :
- Before crossing the road, please ensure that the road is completely free from vehicles from both sides, especially during peak hours and cross the road only through designated areas for crossing.
- Shopping :
- Please avoid last day shopping for Ramadan and Eid and finish it early enough to avoid traffic jam and parking at no-parking areas because of heavy rush on the roads.
- Karangao Night :
- The Qatari society celebrates the local fiesta of “Karangao Night” on 15th night of Ramadan. During this occasion, the children will be walking around residential areas to collect the sweets and gifts offered by neighbors.
Hence, please be extra cautious while driving on the road during this night and please take enough safety measures for ensuring the safety of small children.
Protection from the Fire in the Kitchen
- When you Smell Gas Odor,
- Immediately ventilate the place by opening all doors and windows to eliminate or reduce concentration of the leaked gas.
- Avoid ventilation of the place by switching on the exhaust fan, because the leaked gas has the specialty of instant ignition and an electric spark when switching on a fan or a light may serve as a point of ignition to the highly inflammable gas.
- Please use soap foam for locating the leakage of the gas and never use a burning matchstick near a gas cylinder to locate the place of leakage.
- When fire breaks out in the oil pan,
- Please cover the burning pan with a fire blanket in order to isolate the source of the oxygen and avoid pouring water into an oil pan as it will ignite the fire.
- When fire breaks out in the trash bin,
- Cover the burning trash bin immediately with a fire blanket or damp cloth for preventing the reaching of the oxygen to it, which is main factor for the ignition.
- Please equip your house with a suitable fire extinguisher and ensure its validity and functionality.
- Please don’t leave the children alone in the kitchen or nearby hot and burning materials or electrical power sources.
- In the kitchen, please don’t put on flowing dresses or nylon mixed wears as it may cause to ignite the fire.
Emergency : In case of any emergency don’t get scared, but act wisely and immediately call emergency No .: 999.
Emergency No. for the deaf : 992
My Address : Please be keen to keep always with you your address in detail such as building No., street No. and zone No. as this will help the emergency response agencies in Qatar to reach you quickly.
Begging : Begging is considered as a reprehensible behavior. If you watch somebody begging, please report to Anti-Begging Section at Criminal Investigation Department of the Ministry of Interior on 2347444 / 33618627. The approved charity organizations are the official agencies in the country to help the needy and poor people.
Protection from Food Poisoning
- Please check the validity of canned, frozen or preserved foodstuff and also make sure that there aren’t any change in the smell, color or texture of the stuff. In addition to this, please ensure that:
- The foodstuff has been kept in a clean and closed place or in the refrigerator.
- The place and food are clean and neat whenever you dine out.
Home >> Government, Legal & Humanity Section